Skip to content
- If you use Google Chrome as your browser, the chances are that you allow Chrome to save your passwords – or some of them.
Like everything to do with convenience, there are some downsides. If your machine, or your Google account is hacked, someone else could have access to your passwords.
These are a few instructions for ...
- Libre Office: Changing the default font
The default font for Libre Office is set to Liberation Serif, which is not to everyone’s taste.
If you want to change the default font, select Tools from the menu bar.
Then select Options from the drop-down list
The Options dialog box will open.
The default font is set under Libre Office Writer/Basic Fonts ...
- If you are having problems with your microphone, you can test it via the Sound Settings Page
To do this, enter “Sound” into the search bar (next to Start)
As you type, you will see the search results.
Select Sound Settings
The Sound Settings page will be displayed.
The top part is Output to the speakers
The bottom part is Input ...
- So, you have a new iPad, perhaps it is a gift. And now, you are wondering just what you are supposed to do with it.
Here are some videos which may help you to get started.
First of all, not sure how to turn it on, or how to control the volume? Then this video is for ...
- OK, so have an Android phone, or an iPhone but you are not sure how to use it. Or you need to set up WiFi, and no-one showed you how to do this in the shop. Maybe you have had a phone for years that only did text and phone calls, but now you have ...
- “If you’re not paying for it, then you are the product”
Technically, there is no such thing as a free email account. Email accounts must be paid for somehow, either by advertising or collecting your data. But having said that, free email addresses are very useful.
You may wish to have a back up email account, ...
From your home screen, tap Settings to see the Settings menu.
Now tap Connections
Make sure the Wi-Fi is turned on
Tap Wi-Fi to see what connections are available.
Select the network you wish to connect to, and then enter the Password/Key from your router
Check Show Password so you can see what you are typing. Click Connect and your ...
Memory and processor type
To find out how much memory and the processor type, press the Windows Key and Pause/Break key simultaneously
This should give you a page like this:
The amount of disk space available can been found on the Windows Explorer screen:
- If your Chromebook is acting strangely when you are logging into your favourite websites (such as Banking), it may be because your cookie cache is overfull.
Note, once all your cookies are deleted, you will be logged out of your favourite sites, so you will have to log back in again.
Clear all cookies
If you remove cookies, ...
- As anti-viral hand gel seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth, I thought you may like to have a recipe for making your own.
Bear in mind these points:
To be effective, at least 60% of the homemade hand sanitiser must be alcohol. This recipe is for 66% alcohol.
Excessive use will cause skin to ...