Skip to content
- So, you have a new iPad, perhaps it is a gift. And now, you are wondering just what you are supposed to do with it.
Here are some videos which may help you to get started.
First of all, not sure how to turn it on, or how to control the volume? Then this video is for ...
- OK, so have an Android phone, or an iPhone but you are not sure how to use it. Or you need to set up WiFi, and no-one showed you how to do this in the shop. Maybe you have had a phone for years that only did text and phone calls, but now you have ...
- “If you’re not paying for it, then you are the product”
Technically, there is no such thing as a free email account. Email accounts must be paid for somehow, either by advertising or collecting your data. But having said that, free email addresses are very useful.
You may wish to have a back up email account, ...
From your home screen, tap Settings to see the Settings menu.
Now tap Connections
Make sure the Wi-Fi is turned on
Tap Wi-Fi to see what connections are available.
Select the network you wish to connect to, and then enter the Password/Key from your router
Check Show Password so you can see what you are typing. Click Connect and your ...
Memory and processor type
To find out how much memory and the processor type, press the Windows Key and Pause/Break key simultaneously
This should give you a page like this:
The amount of disk space available can been found on the Windows Explorer screen:
- If your Chromebook is acting strangely when you are logging into your favourite websites (such as Banking), it may be because your cookie cache is overfull.
Note, once all your cookies are deleted, you will be logged out of your favourite sites, so you will have to log back in again.
Clear all cookies
If you remove cookies, ...
- As anti-viral hand gel seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth, I thought you may like to have a recipe for making your own.
Bear in mind these points:
To be effective, at least 60% of the homemade hand sanitiser must be alcohol. This recipe is for 66% alcohol.
Excessive use will cause skin to ...
- How often do you back up your data.? Is your back up automated?
Unfortunately, backing up is something that is often put off. One of those things on the to do list. A very simple form of back up is to plug in an external drive and use the built in software to continuously back up ...
Windows Updates are always annoying, just as you want to turn your computer off, or you are in a hurry for your computer to start, your computer goes into update mode.
Very frustrating. But even more frustrating is this message, that these changes are being undone. Many users will find that they are stuck in a ...
- The version of iOS that you iPad is using can be found in Settings.
On the iPad home screen, look for the Settings icon:
Tap Settings to open the Settings app.
Scroll down to find General. And then tap About
Information about your iPad will be displayed.
Look for Version. This will tell you which version of iOS is running ...