Skip to content
Memory and processor type
To find out how much memory you have, open the Control Panel, select System and Security
The amount of disk space available can been found on the Windows Explorer screen:
Open Windows Security
Begin typing Windows Security into the search box.
Open the Windows Security App
Select Virus and Treat Protection, then select Scan options
Run Full Scan and Offline Scan
There are two scans which are recommended, Full Scan and Microsoft Offline Scan, which have to be done one at a time.
This will take some time to complete.
Select one ...
- Margot’s IT Support can offer remote support using the Zoho plugin. This is a small piece of software that is installed on your PC or laptop. Theses instructions are for users with Windows 10.
What is remote support?
Remote support software enables a software engineer to access your computer remotely over the internet, thus cutting out household ...
- How often do you back up your data.? Is your back up automated?
Unfortunately, backing up is something that is often put off. One of those things on the to do list. A very simple form of back up is to plug in an external drive and use the built in software to continuously back up ...
- If your Chromebook is acting strangely when you are logging into your favourite websites (such as Banking), it may be because your cookie cache is overfull.
Note, once all your cookies are deleted, you will be logged out of your favourite sites, so you will have to log back in again.
Clear all cookies
If you remove cookies, ...
- If you use Google Chrome as your browser, the chances are that you allow Chrome to save your passwords – or some of them.
Like everything to do with convenience, there are some downsides. If your machine, or your Google account is hacked, someone else could have access to your passwords.
These are a few instructions for ...
Margot’s IT Support offers remote assistance using ZoHo Assist, so no visit is necessary. All you have to do is go to https://join.zoho.com and enter the session number you have been sent.
When you do this, you will be asked to download the software for the remote session (this will be removed at the end of ...
- Libre Office: Changing the default font
The default font for Libre Office is set to Liberation Serif, which is not to everyone’s taste.
If you want to change the default font, select Tools from the menu bar.
Then select Options from the drop-down list
The Options dialog box will open.
The default font is set under Libre Office Writer/Basic Fonts ...
- If you are having problems with your microphone, you can test it via the Sound Settings Page
To do this, enter “Sound” into the search bar (next to Start)
As you type, you will see the search results.
Select Sound Settings
The Sound Settings page will be displayed.
The top part is Output to the speakers
The bottom part is Input ...
- So, you have a new iPad, perhaps it is a gift. And now, you are wondering just what you are supposed to do with it.
Here are some videos which may help you to get started.
First of all, not sure how to turn it on, or how to control the volume? Then this video is for ...